Check out the step-by-step guide on how to measure your waist and torso length for a waist trainer or shapewear corset.
Get accurate measurements for your waist size and torso length first as this will affect the fit of your corset. Do you have a short or long torso?
Measure up correctly and choose the perfect fitting waist trainer or shapewear corset from the links provided below based on your personal measurements. Let's get started! PREPARATION
- Get a tape measure or a piece of string and ruler.
- Stand straight. (do not slouch as this may affect your measurement).
- Remove or raise clothing. Do not measure over clothing.
MEASURE YOUR WAIST
- Find your waist by bending side to side. It is the narrowest part of your torso above your belly button.
- Back straight, breathing comfortably, no tucking in that tummy girls! You can now wrap the measuring tape around the smallest part of your waist. (refer to main image showing waist)
- It should fit comfortably against your skin. The tape should not be slipping down (it's too loose) or causing your skin to pull (it's too tight).
- Write your measurement down in inches. Your natural waist measurement will be where the zero end meets the slack end of the tape measure.
- If you find tape a little tricky, try asking a friend or use a piece of string instead. Then measure the string against the tape or metal ruler.
MEASURE YOUR TORSO
Use our easy 3 step guide to get your torso length measurement and determine if you have a short torso or long torso.
- Using a measuring tape, start at your underbust bra line. (see main image) Centre it under your breast.
- Extend the measuring tape down vertically to your lower hip. This is also near the hip joint where the bone articulates into the pelvis.
- Write your measurement down in inches.
DO I HAVE A SHORT TORSO OR LONG TORSO?
Generally, if you are 5'6 (ft) tall and over, you will have a long torso. If you are below 5'6 (ft), you will have a short torso however this is not always true so it is better to check using our 3-Step torso measuring directions below.
Once you have measured your torso length, use the Torso Length Guide
below to find out if you have a long or short torso.TORSO LENGTH GUIDE
- If your torso measurement is 12 inches or more, you have a Long Torso.
for the Long Torso
Waist Trainers and Corsets.
- If it torso measures 11 inches or less, you have a Short Torso.
for the Short Torso
Waist Trainers and Corsets
- Repeat measurements 3 times and take an average.
- When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
- Dress sizes are there as a guide only as different shops use different measurements. For an accurate fit, it is better to use your personal waist measurement.
- If you are in-between sizes, please select the larger size.
Need help? Contact us or email email@example.com with your Torso and Waist measurements and corset requirements. Our corset experts will provide you with a personalised recommendation.