How to measure your waist
Confused what waist trainer size to order? Check out the step-by-step guide on how to measure your waist and torso length for an Ann Chery waist trainer or shapewear corset.
When choosing your waist trainer, your waist and torso length is the two important measurements needed. You can find out how to measure your waist and torso sizes below. Do you have a short or long torso?
Measure up correctly and choose the perfect fitting waist trainer today. Let's get started! PREPARATION
MEASURE YOUR WAIST
- Get a tape measure or a piece of string and ruler.
- Stand straight. (do not slouch as this may affect your measurement).
- Remove or raise clothing. Do not measure over clothing.
- Find your waist by bending side to side. It is the narrowest part of your torso above your belly button.
- Back straight, breathing comfortably, no tucking in that tummy girls! You can now wrap the measuring tape around the smallest part of your waist. (refer to main image showing waist)
- It should fit comfortably against your skin. The tape should not be slipping down (it's too loose) or causing your skin to pull (it's too tight).
- Write your waist measurement down in inches. This is your natural waist measurement.
Well done. Now, When selecting your waist trainer or shapewear size - select your natural waist measurement
from the sizing drop-down.
MEASURE YOUR TORSO
How To Measure Your Torso
Use our quick and easy guide to get your torso length measurement and determine if you have a short or long torso.
1. Sit in a chair, be sure to sit straight.
2. Using a measuring tape, centre it under your breast.
3. Extend the measuring tape down vertically to the top of your thigh or lower hip.
4. Write your measurement down in inches.
DO I HAVE A SHORT OR LONG TORSO?
If your torso measurement is 12 inches or more, you have a Long Torso
for the Best Waist Trainer Corsets and Shapewear for Long Torso.
- If your torso measures 11 inches or less, you have a Short Torso.
for the Best Waist Trainer Corsets and Shapewear for Short Torso and Regular Torso.
Long and Short Torso Waist Trainers
- Repeat measurements 3 times and take an average.
- When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
- Dress sizes are there as a guide only as different shops use different measurements. For an accurate fit, it is better to use your personal waist measurement.
- If you are in-between sizes, please select the larger size.
Need help? Contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Torso and Waist measurements and corset requirements. Our corset experts will provide you with a personalised recommendation.