An important first step to choosing the right waist trainer so it is effective, comfortable and provides the perfect curves is identifying the correct size. For the perfect fitting waist trainer corset, you need two measurements: your torso length and waist size - in inches
We have provided a quick and easy Waist and Torso Measurement Guide. All you need is a tape measure or piece of string and ruler. It takes a few minutes.
Once you have your measurements, follow the steps below to discover whether you need a short torso or l
ong torso waist trainer. Our Waist Trainer Corsets are available in different lengths and sizes to fit all body shapes.
HOW TO MEASURE: PREPARATION
1. Get a tape measure or a piece of string and ruler.
2. Stand straight. (do not slouch as this may affect your measurement).
3. Remove or raise clothing. Do not measure over clothing.
MEASURE YOUR WAIST
How to measure your waist
1. Stand up straight in front of a full-length mirror.
2. Find your natural waist. Bend from side to side to find it. Your waist is the soft, squidgy part of your body between your hips and the base of your rib cage. For most women, it is the narrowest part of your torso, just above your belly button.
3. Wrap the measuring tape around your waist. It should fit snug against your skin. The tape should not be slipping down (it's too loose) or causing your skin to pull (it's too tight).
4. Back straight, breathing comfortably. Measure 2-3 times for accuracy.
MEASURE YOUR TORSO
How to measure your torso
We have two different Waist Trainer lengths - short and long. Knowing your torso length help clothes fit better and tells us where our waist trainer length should end for optimum comfort and effectiveness. If the corset is too long, it will dig into your thighs and chest. Too short and it will not cover your torso and feel comfortable.
Generally, if you are over 5'7 you will have a long torsos. If you are below 5'6, you will have a short torso however this is not always true so it is better to check by measuring. If you are plus size
and looking for a waist trainer with complete torso coverage for the lower tummy, then our long torso range
may be more suitable.HOW TO MEASURE YOUR TORSO
1. Sit in a chair, be sure to sit straight.
2. Using a measuring tape, centre it under your breast.
3. Extend the measuring tape down vertically to the top of your thigh or lower hip.
4. Write your measurement down in inches.
DO I HAVE A SHORT OR LONG TORSO?
Short Torso Waist Trainer
- If your torso measurement is 12 inches or more, you have a Long Torso
for the Best Waist Trainer Corsets, Waist Trainer Vests and Shapewear for Long Torsos. Suitable for torso lengths from 12 inches +, long torsos, 5'7" (ft) tall and over or plus size for full torso coverage for the lower tummy.
- If your torso measures 11 inches or less, you have a Short Torso.
for the Best Waist Trainer Corsets and Shapewear for Short Torso and Regular Torso.
* When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
SIZING AND MEASURING TIPS
Torso Length Guide
• Repeat measurements 3 times and take an average.
• When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
• Dress sizes are there as a guide only as different shops use different measurements.
• If you are in-between sizes, please select the larger size.
• Do not make the mistake of choosing a smaller sized corset. The myth of choosing a smaller size will simply make the corset uncomfortable.
• Our corsets are based on your natural waist size and the fit will be approximately 2” smaller to provide inch loss, an instant curvy silhouette and the desired effect.
Need help? Contact us
or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your torso and waist measurements and corset requirements. Our corset experts will be happy to provide you with a personalized recommendation.