An important first step to choosing the right waist trainer so it is effective, comfortable and provides the perfect curves is identifying the correct size. For the perfect fitting waist trainer corset, you need two measurements: your torso length and waist size - in inches
. For Men and Women's Shapewear, you just need your waist measurement size.
We have provided a quick and easy Waist and Torso Measurement Guide. All you need is a tape measure or piece of string and ruler. It takes a few minutes.
Once you have your measurements, follow the steps below to discover whether you need a short torso
or long torso
Our Waist Trainer Corsets are available in different lengths and sizes to fit all body shapes.
HOW TO MEASURE
1. Get a tape measure or a piece of string and ruler.
2. Stand straight. (do not slouch as this may affect your measurement).
3. Remove or raise clothing. Do not measure over clothing.MEASURE YOUR WAIST
1. Find your waist by bending side to side. It is the narrowest part of your torso above your belly button.
2. Back straight, breathing comfortably, no tucking in that tummy girls! You can now wrap the measuring tape around the smallest part of your waist. (refer to main image showing waist)
3. It should fit comfortably against your skin. The tape should not be slipping down (it's too loose) or causing your skin to pull (it's too tight).
4. Write your measurement down in inches. Your natural waist measurement will be where the zero end meets the slack end of the tape measure. Do this a few times to get an average.
5. If you find tape a little tricky, try asking a friend or use a piece of string instead. Then measure the string against the tape or metal ruler.MEASURE YOUR TORSO
We have different length Waist Trainer and Corsets to fit all body shapes and heights. Knowing your torso length means you can choose the one right for you. If the corset is too long, it will dig into your thighs and chest. Too short and it will not cover your torso and feel comfortable.Generally, if you are over 5'6 you will have a long torsos. If you are below 5'6, you will have a short torso however this is not always true so it is better to check using our 3-Step Directions below.
If you are plus size and looking for a waist trainer with complete torso coverage for the lower belly, then our long torso range
may be more suitable.
1. Using a measuring tape, start at your underbust bra line. (see main image) Centre it under your breast.
2. Extend the measuring tape down vertically to your lower hip. This is also near the hip joint where the bone articulates into the pelvis.
3. Write your torso measurement down in inches.DO I HAVE A SHORT OR LONG TORSO?
The London Corset Company have Waist Trainers, Waist Cinchers and Shapewear Corsets to fit long and short torsos. Generally, if you are 5'6 (ft) tall and over, you will have a long torso. If you are below 5'6 (ft), you will have a short torso however this is not always true so it is better to check using our 3-Step Torso Measurement Guide.
Once you have measured your torso length, use the Torso Length Guide
below to find out if you have a long or short torso.Torso Length Guide
- If your torso measurement is 12 inches or more, you have a Long Torso
for the large range of Best Waist Trainer Corsets, Waist Trainer Vests and Shapewear for Long Torsos. Suitable for torso lengths from 12" to 13" + .
- If your torso measures 11 inches or less, you have a Short Torso.
for the Best Waist Trainer Corsets and Shapewear for Short Torsos.
* When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
SIZING AND MEASURING TIPS
• Repeat measurements 3 times and take an average.
• When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
• Dress sizes are there as a guide only as different shops use different measurements. For an accurate fit, use your personal waist measurement.
• If you are in-between sizes, please select the larger size.
• Do not make the mistake of choosing a smaller sized corset. The myth of choosing a smaller size will simply make the corset uncomfortable for you.
• Our corsets are based on your natural waist size and the fit will be approximately 2” smaller to provide inch loss, high compression and an instant curvy silhouette. PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS
Need help? Contact us
or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your torso and waist measurements and corset requirements. Our corset experts will be happy to provide you with a personalized recommendation.