Do you want to buy your perfect fitting waist trainer but not sure what torso length to buy? The London Corset Company, provide Waist Trainers in two lengths: short (or regular) and long length. They are designed to be long at the front and shorter (low rise) at the back for optimal comfort.
1. Short (Regular)
: Standard length corsets work for people with a torso length of about 11″ or less
2. Longline (Long)
: Longline corsets require a torso length of about 12″ or more.
Discover your torso length by measuring it, using our 3-Step Torso Guide below.
- Get a tape measure or a piece of string and ruler.
- Stand straight. (do not slouch as this may affect your measurement).
- Remove or raise clothing. Do not measure over clothing.
MEASURE YOUR TORSO
- Using a measuring tape, start at your underbust bra line. (see main image) Centre it under your breast.
- Extend the measuring tape down vertically to your lower hip. This is also near the hip joint where the bone articulates into the pelvis.
- Write your measurement down in inches.
DO I HAVE A SHORT TORSO OR LONG TORSO?
Generally, if you are 5'7 (ft) tall and over
, you will have a long torso. If you are below
5'7 (ft), you will have a short torso. However this is not always true so it is better to check using our measure your torso.
Once you have measured your torso length in inches, use the Torso Length Guide
below to find out if you have a long or short torso.TORSO LENGTH GUIDE
- If your torso measurement is 12 inches or more, you have a Long Torso.
for the Long Torso
Waist Trainers and Corsets.
- If it torso measures 11 inches or less, you have a Short Torso.
for the Short Torso
Waist Trainers and Corsets
- Repeat measurements 3 times and take an average.
- When purchasing a corset, please select your natural waist size in inches from the sizing drop down.
- Dress sizes are there as a guide only as different shops use different measurements. For an accurate fit, it is better to use your personal waist measurement.
- If you are in-between sizes, please select the larger size.
Need help? Contact us
or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Torso and Waist measurements and corset requirements. Our corset experts will provide you with a personalised recommendation.